- Sanlam Centre, Cape Town BLIND ALPHABET C: 20 sculptures with Worcester School for the Blind; pieces concerning historical language made between 1977–1981 as part of Dark Continent, showing the work of four artists and curated by Clive Kellner
- BLIND ALPHABET C: 77 sculptures placed on permanent exhibition at the National Library for the Blind, Birmingham, England
- BANGBOEK (1977-1980) at an exhibition of South African/Angolan war memories organised by Intimas Memorias Marcas and shown at the Museu da Cidade, Pavilhao Branco, Lisbon, Portugal, and thereafter in Brussels, Belgium
- Dreamsand Clouds, two works from the TREE OF KNOWLEDGE series shown at an exhibition of 14 South African artists at Kulturhuset, Stockholm, Sweden, thereafter in G ö teborg, Sweden
- BLIND ALPHABET D shown at Triennale der Kleinplastik, an exhibition of international artists in Stuttgart, Germany. This work was purchased for the collection of the Stadtischen Galerie Göppingen.