- Large installation of BANGBOEK as part of an exhibition of war memories of African artists, held at MuKHA (Museum van Hedendaagse Kunst Antwerpen) in Antwerp, Belgium
- KYKAFRIKAANS at the White Box Gallery, Chelsea, New York, exhibited with the work of other South African artists Translation/Seduction/Displacement; the first granite pieces of an ongoing conceptual work entitled PANIFICE, shown as part of After New York, an exhibition by members of the Ampersand Foundation at the Johannesburg Civic Gallery
- an outdoor installation entitled BREAD AND PEBBLES for the exhibition Mnemosyne curated by Leanne Engelberg at the University of the Witwatersrand
- INDEX OF (B)REACHINGS, a large installation dealing with divination in Europe and Africa, shown as part of Urban Futures 2000 at MuseuMAfricA, Johannesburg; and also exhibited as the main artwork at Aardklop art festival, Potchefstroom
- an installation, THE WRITING IN THE SAND, shown in Cuba at the Havana Biennale
- BLIND ALPHABET C, shown in Umea, Northern Sweden
- SHREDDED EVIDENCE and ABAMFUSA LAWULA exhibited in gallery Via Cesare Correnti, Milan, in an exhibition called Johannesburg, Johannesburg as part of the project mostra d’arte contemporanea atmosphere metropolitan
- THE WRITING THAT FELL OFF THE WALL (1997) and GARDEN OF WORDS I (1997), exhibited at the Museo Nacional, Centro deArte, Reina Sofia, Madrid, Spain as part of the exhibition Visiones del Sur: No es sólo lo que ves: pervirtiendo minimalismo, curated by Gerardo Mosquera.